Re: Helmets...

  • Greg Walsh
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2000
      If you're going to bother wearing a helmet then you really want to have your
      ears covered. Ear first, head plants are extremely painful and can lead to
      perforated ear-drums.

      I used Pro-Tech helmets in the past and the Gath helmets are way better.
      Much lighter and more confortable.

      --
      Regards

      Greg

      > From: kitesurf@egroups.com
      > Date: 29 Jul 2000 22:13:04 -0000
      > To: kitesurf@egroups.com
      > Subject: [ksurf] Digest Number 249
      >
      > Message: 14
      > Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 18:33:48 +0200
      > From: "Robin Zwissler" <robin.zwissler@...>
      > Subject: Helmets...
      >
      > Has any1 used a Rollerblade/Skateboard helmet
      > instead of the expensive watersport helmets (for ex. Gath)?
      >
      > Any real disavantages?
      >
      > I think Skate-helmets are somehow even better, cause
      > your ears are free.

    • Steve Bateman
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2000
        I've worn a gath helmet in the surf for about 9 months now. Very
        comfortable, even keeps you head somewhat warm in the winter. It's saved me
        a couple trips to the hospital so far.

        Steve Bateman

        > Message: 17
        > Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 21:12:10 +1000
        > From: Greg Walsh <gregwal@...>
        > Subject: Re: Helmets...
        >
        > If you're going to bother wearing a helmet then you really want to have
        your
        > ears covered. Ear first, head plants are extremely painful and can lead
        > perforated ear-drums.
        >
        > I used Pro-Tech helmets in the past and the Gath helmets are way better.
        > Much lighter and more confortable.
        >
        > --
        > Regards
        >
        > Greg
        >
        > > From: kitesurf@egroups.com
        > > Date: 29 Jul 2000 22:13:04 -0000
        > > To: kitesurf@egroups.com
        > > Subject: [ksurf] Digest Number 249
        > >
        > > Message: 14
        > > Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 18:33:48 +0200
        > > From: "Robin Zwissler" <robin.zwissler@...>
        > > Subject: Helmets...
        > >
        > > Has any1 used a Rollerblade/Skateboard helmet
        > > instead of the expensive watersport helmets (for ex. Gath)?
        > >
        > > Any real disavantages?
        > >
        > > I think Skate-helmets are somehow even better, cause
        > > your ears are free.

        Say Bye to Slow Internet!
        http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html