Re: [ksurf] Ladder Lock Broke

  • Dwight & Jacky
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2000
      Mine is the same buckle. It say's Superloc on the top and has the letter "N"
      on the back. I do weigh more than you, so I may need something heavier.

      Dwight

      > << Todd and Mel,
      >
      > What brand of ladder lock buckle are you using and where did you get them?
      > My ladder lock from West Marine broke tonight. >>
      >
      > I've got over 126 hours on my Nexus brand "Superloc" buckle from West
      Marine

    • KiteBoard@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2000
        fishersfort@... writes:

        << Mine is the same buckle. It say's Superloc on the top and has the letter
        "N"
        on the back. I do weigh more than you, so I may need something heavier. >>

        Make sure you're feeding the webbing correctly: it should loop around the bar
        which is SECOND from the end. The thinner, weaker end bar is just there to
        go over the top of both parts of the loop, I guess it helps the teeth dig in
        on the other end when tension is applied.

        You probably weigh more, since I'm only 63kg, but that shouldn't matter,
        since Todd's closer to 100kg & he hasn't reported any breakage (his backup
        only takes load AFTER the Superloc breaks).

        Mel
      • Todd Snyder
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2000
          I'm not using a ladder lock ! I use a super lock buckle from westmarine had
          the same one on now for 5months with no problems.

          Dwight & Jacky wrote:

          > Todd and Mel,
          >
          > What brand of ladder lock buckle are you using and where did you get them?
          > My ladder lock from West Marine broke tonight. I'm going back to my old
          > adjusting strap which I made using 2" webbing and ladder lock. I'll switch
          > back to 1" when I find a heavy duty 1" buckle. The West Marine buckle is
          > lighter duty than the Naish buckle. The local climbing store has ladder
          > locks that are even weaker than the West Marine one.
          >
          > Dwight

          > windTools - producer of the legendary Mosquito Pro KS
          > Get the right kitesurfingstuff.
          >
          > Visit http://www.windTools.com

          Click here for Free Video!!
          http://www.gohip.com/freevideo/