PLK ARC Report for Mel

  • mail@lekite.com.au
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2000
      Hi Mel

      the second generation arcs are excellent, there is just one thing you
      have to get used to
      as I explained in my posting they do tend to back down in light wind
      if you leave the
      kite stationery .
      The third generation arcs have silicon valves and the profiles are
      slightly thinner and
      the other change is that the leading edge has been straightened this
      effectively moved
      the bridle point further forward so when you park it stays there, the
      second generation
      kites like the 7.2 with the leading edge straight has now become the
      6.9 third
      generation.
      Here where I am it is probably one of the nicest parts of the east
      coast of Australia the
      only problem is that it is a low income area so the AR5 is out of the
      reach financially of
      most of the kite surfers this means that I am unable to give you a
      good comparison of
      the arc and the AR5 .The guys in New Zealand have been using both
      kites and doing
      comparisons perhaps some of them may be able to give you a more
      honest appraisal.

      Bob Dawson[the FLYING FISH]

      leading edge kite company
      www.lekite.com.au