Re: [ksurf] Re: peter lynn kites

  • Just Al
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2000
      Emile,
      You'll find a straight bar also bars turning the 5.7m Waterfoil really
      difficult....like you say, it kills your arms in no time, so much so that
      you just can't hold on any longer.
      Also, as you pointed out, the 5.7 waterfoil is REALLY slow to turn on a
      bar...I've overcome this problem by fitting 'crossover lines' that activiate
      the brake lines as you turn the kite on two lines, so brake line turning
      from a two line bar. This also helps slightly with overcoming the amount of
      effort needed to turn these things on a bar, as the tension on the brake
      line depowers the kite slightlas it turns....its still an effort to do it
      though.

      Check out my new site for details on the crossover lines:
      http://website.lineone.net/~justal/WebPage/crossover_frames.htm

      I was actually thinking of experimenting with a 'bent' bar to overcome
      the problems...obviously from your experiences it won't work. I shall
      experiment with different sized bars though. Other than that, I think maybe
      a four-line bar will be the best option as the kites seems to fly fine on
      four line handles.

      Hope this helps.
      Al.
      --
      Alan Cole
      Bryngwyn Mawr

      Tel: 01970 880707
      Mob: 07974392605
      E-mail:justal@...

      > From: "Emile Das" <emile_das@...>
      > Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 09:27:20 CEST
      > To: kitesurf@egroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [ksurf] Re: peter lynn kites
      >
      > Hi Mike,
      >
      > I have got a bar from kitesurfer (similar to C-quad bar) and I tried it last
      > weekend. I must say that I do not like it at all and I am going to go for
      > some form of straight bar (I don't know which however: Any advice from
      > others appreciated)
      >
      > The thing I did not like about it is that it creates some form of torgue
      > (momentum)that kills your arms in no-time. Furthermore it does not have the
      > width to make the WF57 turn quickly enough to keep powered up.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Emile
      >

      >> From: "Steve Bateman" <geokite@...>
      >> To: kitesurf@egroups.com
      >> Subject: [ksurf] Re: peter lynn kites
      >> Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 19:05:38 -0000
      >>
      >> --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, Mike Read <mikeshaka@y...> wrote:
      >>> Im considering to buy a Peter Lynn waterfoil kite and wanted to
      >> know if the C-Quad control bar was the preffered bar for this kite?
      >> Are there any shops in Southern Cal and what the price of the 5.7
      >> Waterfoil would be?
      >>

      >> If this Mike Read still reads this group, I have a response for you
      >> from your email to me. Email me with a current email address (my
      >> response bounced back).
      >>
      >> Steve Bateman
      >> geokite@...
      >>

      >> The Kitesurf Group is sponsored by windTools
      >>
      >> windTools - producer of the legendary Mosquito Pro KS
      >> Get the right kitesurfingstuff.
      >>
      >> Visit http://www.windTools.com

      > windTools - producer of the legendary Mosquito Pro KS
      > Get the right kitesurfingstuff.
      >
      > Visit http://www.windTools.com

    • Traig Trumbo
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2000
        --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, Just Al <justal@l...> wrote:
        > Emile,
        > You'll find a straight bar also bars turning the 5.7m Waterfoil
        really
        > difficult....like you say, it kills your arms in no time, so much
        so
        that
        > you just can't hold on any longer.
        > Also, as you pointed out, the 5.7 waterfoil is REALLY slow to
        turn on a
        > bar...I've overcome this problem by fitting 'crossover lines' that
        activiate
        > the brake lines as you turn the kite on two lines, so brake line
        turning
        > from a two line bar. This also helps slightly with overcoming the
        amount of
        > effort needed to turn these things on a bar, as the tension on the
        brake
        > line depowers the kite slightlas it turns....its still an effort to
        do it
        > though. Emile: I have been using 36 inch straight bars on the
        Water foil 5.7s and they have been turning VERY quickly on three
        lines. Adding brake tension with the cleat adds to the power of the
        kite and of course increases speed of turn. Sounds big but You get
        used to it pretty darn quick. The 3.6 of course does'nt require such
        a big bar. Have Fun! Traig

        kitesurf-unsubscribe@egroups.com >>>