Helmets...

  • Robin Zwissler
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2000
      Has any1 used a Rollerblade/Skateboard helmet
      instead of the expensive watersport helmets (for ex. Gath)?

      Any real disavantages?

      I think Skate-helmets are somehow even better, cause
      your ears are free.

    • Greg Walsh
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2000
        If you're going to bother wearing a helmet then you really want to have your
        ears covered. Ear first, head plants are extremely painful and can lead to
        perforated ear-drums.

        I used Pro-Tech helmets in the past and the Gath helmets are way better.
        Much lighter and more confortable.

        --
        Regards

        Greg

        > From: kitesurf@egroups.com
        > Date: 29 Jul 2000 22:13:04 -0000
        > To: kitesurf@egroups.com
        > Subject: [ksurf] Digest Number 249
        >
        > Message: 14
        > Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 18:33:48 +0200
        > From: "Robin Zwissler" <robin.zwissler@...>
        > Subject: Helmets...
        >
        > Has any1 used a Rollerblade/Skateboard helmet
        > instead of the expensive watersport helmets (for ex. Gath)?
        >
        > Any real disavantages?
        >
        > I think Skate-helmets are somehow even better, cause
        > your ears are free.

      • Steve Bateman
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2000
          I've worn a gath helmet in the surf for about 9 months now. Very
          comfortable, even keeps you head somewhat warm in the winter. It's saved me
          a couple trips to the hospital so far.

          Steve Bateman

          > Message: 17
          > Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 21:12:10 +1000
          > From: Greg Walsh <gregwal@...>
          > Subject: Re: Helmets...
          >
          > If you're going to bother wearing a helmet then you really want to have
          your
          > ears covered. Ear first, head plants are extremely painful and can lead
          > perforated ear-drums.
          >
          > I used Pro-Tech helmets in the past and the Gath helmets are way better.
          > Much lighter and more confortable.
          >
          > --
          > Regards
          >
          > Greg
          >
          > > From: kitesurf@egroups.com
          > > Date: 29 Jul 2000 22:13:04 -0000
          > > To: kitesurf@egroups.com
          > > Subject: [ksurf] Digest Number 249
          > >
          > > Message: 14
          > > Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 18:33:48 +0200
          > > From: "Robin Zwissler" <robin.zwissler@...>
          > > Subject: Helmets...
          > >
          > > Has any1 used a Rollerblade/Skateboard helmet
          > > instead of the expensive watersport helmets (for ex. Gath)?
          > >
          > > Any real disavantages?
          > >
          > > I think Skate-helmets are somehow even better, cause
          > > your ears are free.

          Say Bye to Slow Internet!
          http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html