[ksurf] How many flysurfers worldwide?

  • Dave Culp
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 1999
      I'm sorry Cory Roeseler's out of town for this one.

      I'm writing a scolarly journal article about kite sailing. In it, I'd
      like very much to esimate how many of the following are in existence:

      Traction kites, say larger than 2.5 sq meters, worldwide?
      Total flysurfers, including all boarders, skiers, Lynn kiteboats?
      Total kite buggiers, worldwide?
      Total ice buggiers, skiers, bladers?
      Total "larger" boat kite sailors?

      Of this last category, I am well aware of the 6-8 best publicized, but if
      you know of anybody, anywhere, who's attached a kite to a boat in excess
      of 300 lbs (140 kg), and sailed it anywhere, please mention it.

      Thanks!

      Dave Culp

      --
      Dave Culp Speedsailing dave@... http://www.dcss.org/speedsl
      Kite powered boats, high speed sailing, proas and more. Check it out!