[ksurf] upwind with wipikas

  • kiteworks@hunterlink.net.au
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 1999
      I have read many comments regarding the upwind ability( or lack of) with wipikas.Today I kitesurfed with an 8.5 wipika on 30 m lines in 8kts of wind with a Mac T 8ft 5 fin Malibu on flat water.I managed to sail slightly upwind .
      I set the forward bridle on the last knot and the trailing edge bridle on the first knot.I have found that by changing the bridle settings I can maximise the
      performance and wind range.My next project is to quadline my Wipika.
      The Mac T 5 fin is a very cruisy board with a gippy rubber deck
      We ride without footstraps and ride the board as you do a Mal.After you get the board planing I walk to the nose of the board and Increase the pressure on my back foot pushing out on the tail and getting great upwind even in light coditions.

      cheers

      Lachlan Beed

    • kiteworks@hunterlink.net.au
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 27, 1999