Re: [ksurf] board design

  • Jacques PETRY
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 1998
      >Jacques,

      >What kite do you use the 215 board with ? Have you ever used a wipika 8.5 ?
      >Can you go upwind ? in how much wind ? (how much do you weigh?)

      Wipika 8.5 and 5M2
      with the 8.5 I can go UPWIND with 40METERS LINES with 13 knots Wind
      Less I can't go UPWIND, I just come back.
      ANd with more than 15 knots Wind I'm too OVERPOWERED!!! to go UPWIND.
      With the 5M I go more UPWIND than any WINDSURF BOARD!!

      >How thin is a good rail to go upwind ? thin like a wave surfboard ?

      Yes, but with sharper EDGES and a very different outline.

      >2.6 kg is much lighter than a Fone board... is it very fragile ?

      YES!!! It is already BROKEN after a 2Meter-high JUMP!!!