Re: [ksurf]New Naish AR5 Pants (COM)

  • Steve McCormack
    Message 1 of 48 , Jul 17, 2000
      Hi David and and Ben

      We have these incredible pants in stock now, you can have the Todds mods
      insulated beer/weight pockets with dual drinking straws fitted for free.
      These new Naish pants really make a big difference to your wind range,
      provided you inflate them properly, from the inside, with SMG.
      You will find the quick release very handy too, especially if there are any
      girls around to impress.
      And they only cost me $1100 for the M size, cya and :-)
      Goodwinds
      Steve McCormack
      sydney@...
      www.kitepower.com.au

      Message 48 of 48 , Nov 30, 2001
        --- In kitesurf@y..., kitebord@p... wrote:
        > --- In kitesurf@y..., kiteguy@s... wrote:
        >
        > > Launch and control the accent by twisting the
        > > bar as required to keep it from rocketing.
        >
        > Seems like you're using it as a "twist-grip" bar, so you don't need
        > to be hooked in to adjust the angle of attack. That seems like a
        > pretty good idea, & one that could apply pretty easily to nearly
        any
        > non-"free" bar.
        >
        > Mel

        Mel,

        It's not exactly like a TG bar - a TG type bar would have too slow a
        response for 'stall-launching' I beleive the Quadrifoil bar is bent
        at each end so twisting it through just 180 degrees provides a large
        amount of sheeting. I've been thinking of setting up an Advance IO
        bar (it has a flexible joint about 9" from each end of the bar) to do
        something similar on my system so I can launch shackled in to only
        one front line and keep that line loose by taking the weight on my
        hang-strap. That way if I have an emergency during launch/land I
        don't have to grab for the other shackle release - I just let go the
        bar and I'm "leashed" on the shackled line.

        Steve T.