[ksurf] board design

  • srosso@bunge.com.br
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 1998
      I began with the allround 215 FONE board which is a good beginning...
      My tests :
      * 205x46 2.6Kg
      -THE SHAPE
      I already shaped a 205 x 46 board 2.6kg with less rocker than the FONE215.
      The rails are in fact very sharp and thin to improve upwind performance.
      The outline looks like a wakeboard : very large nose and big square tail.
      I kept volume on the center (7cm )
      Jacques,

      What kite do you use the 215 board with ? Have you ever used a wipika 8.5 ?
      Can you go upwind ? in how much wind ? (how much do you weigh?)

      How thin is a good rail to go upwind ? thin like a wave surfboard ?

      2.6 kg is much lighter than a Fone board... is it very fragile ?