Re: [ksurf] board size

  • Jacques PETRY
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 1998
      Hello every body !!

      I also design my kitesurfs boards.. and tried to modify old windsurfing
      boards...

      I began with the allround 215 FONE board which is a good beginning...

      My tests :

      * 205x46 2.6Kg
      -THE SHAPE
      I already shaped a 205 x 46 board 2.6kg with less rocker than the FONE215.
      The rails are in fact very sharp and thin to improve upwind performance.
      The outline looks like a wakeboard : very large nose and big square tail.
      I kept volume on the center (7cm )
      Just one wave fin 8.0
      -On the water
      Very good Upwind performance better than the 215FONE.
      High Speed CUrves and Jibes.
      Hard control in high winds (too large NOSE I think)
      Less surfing performance (Rails too sharp and too thin!)
      I don't think 5 fins is the good way ( Do you remember research about three
      fins windsurf race boards and it success) Or the famous BIC SHOW KEN WINNER
      REPLICA in the 80's!!! Have you ever seen surf boards with centered fins????