[ksurf] board size

  • Axel Schmidt
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 26, 1998
      I am looking at modifying a surfboard to use for kitesurfing   is it best to use the biggest surfboard i can find or do i go for the widest or the one with the most bouyancy {thicker}? is it better to have 3 footstraps {2 angled at the front} or just 2{straight front and back}

      List Site: http://www.findmail.com/list/kitesurf/

    • Swell
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 27, 1998
        Hi all,
        Since i am trying to learn flysurf, i am very very intrested in this
        discussion. I got a Wipika 8.5. I also got an old wave funboard (bic
        alto) 2.57 m long. It weigths about 7kg. I think this is a bit heavy,
        but for moment could it do the job?
        I also own an old shortboard (6.6'). This board is much lighter. What's
        the best solution : to the old windsurf board or to put straps on a
        sligtly shoter board?
        thanx in advance.
        Toms (using swell, my brother adress till next week).