Re: Wakeboard techniques?

  • Ted
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2000
      When the board is behind you and you are on your stomach we do one of
      the following.

      Roll your board in front. Bend your knees with the board close to
      your butt and with the kite in the neautral position use your stomach
      muscles to bring your feet / board in front. It is a lean backwards
      force the board under you and forward effort. With the larger
      wakeboards this is a chore but not too hard.

      Jump and swing the board in front. This is a good one for those who
      use bindings and a smaller wake board. On your stomach with board
      behind you bring the kite to one side, then just as you would
      initiate a jump bring the kite overhead. As you are pulled out of
      the water swing the board in front. When you are initiating your
      jump the board is behind you with your knees bent while leaning
      forward. The board is out of the water behind you at this point.
      After several trys you'll be able to come out of this one on a plane.

      -Ted