Re: [ksurf] kitesurfing - a very beginner...

  • Steve McCormack
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2000
      Hi Chris

      Don't use a windsurfer use a surfboard with two straps, get the narrowest
      old gun board you can, something between 18 and 22 inches wide and approx
      6'6" to 7'6" in length. Use stainless steel bolts and large flat washers to
      attach the straps and drill right through the board. The straps should be
      about shoulder width apart and the rear strap should be over or just in
      front of the rear fin on the board, assuming it has 3 fins.
      I use a Neil Pride PFD they are made for wakeboarding and sell for approx
      $150aud, Rip Curl make a good one too, but I don't know whether you can get
      these in your area. Can't help with kitesurf spots on Mallorca, cya and
      Goodwinds
      Steve McCormack
      sydney@...
      www.kitepower.com.au