Re: [ksurf] Wakeboard techniques?

  • CKFLYER@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2000
      1. Get kite to nuetral zone
      2. Fly board underwater beneath you to forward position...... or
      3. If wind is strong, bend knees with board behind your butt, fly kite
      overhead quickly to lift you then swing wakeboard under you, while airborne,
      and forward when you are lifted out of the water.

      Chris Kjos
      KitesurfUSA Kitesurf School
      Ft. Lauderdale, Florida USA
      <A HREF="WWW.KITESURFUSA.COM">WWW.KitesurfUSA.com</A>
    • CKFLYER@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2000
        In a message dated 7/1/00 9:20:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ssgray@...
        writes:

        << Are there any wakeboard style kitesurfers out there who can tell me
        how you re-orient yourself (without taking the board off your feet)
        after you get dragged, or wipe out and end up with the board behind
        you? I've done it once, but it was a bit of a fluke. I'm getting
        sick of taking the board off, flying the kite, and putting the board
        on again. Help!

        If you fall and land on your back, first you must roll your body back to your
        front side.
        This can be difficult when kite is overhead in nuetral zone, because now you
        are facing upwards looking at the kite backwards. . To roll back over,
        slowly lower kite to edge of window and roll your body back over toward it.
        Then raise kite to nuetral, over head, and fly the wake board underwater
        back to the starting position...

        Chris Kjos
        KitesurfUSA Kitesurf School
        Ft. Lauderdale, Florida USA
        <A HREF="WWW.KITESURFUSA.COM">WWW.KitesurfUSA.com</A>
      • paul menta
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2000
          your problem is a common one.when you crash or fall and the board is BEHIND
          you,first relax and get the kite in the nuetral posistion.then looking up at
          the kite, start to twist the board driving the your right foot down in the
          water,let the kite go a little to the left so it lifts you slightly,keep
          twisting the board and suck your knees up to your chest and as the board
          starts to come aroundbring the kite back to nuetral. i know eaiser said than
          done ,but remember,what i explained is a 1-2-3 thing,once you start ,dont
          stop,this is a safe way and i teach all my students this way,and they never
          have a problem........

          remember relax!!!!!!!...........paul

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1, 2000
            One more piece of advice. When you are pulled out of position. Quickly get
            the kite out of the harness and fly it into the neutral zone and then hook
            into the harness . If you don't you may experience a very unpleasant
            backwards body drag.

            When you have the board tucked up under you, use the power of the kite to
            lift you up and allow you to move the board in front of you again.

            Kenny

            << your problem is a common one.when you crash or fall and the board is
            BEHIND
            you,first relax and get the kite in the nuetral posistion.then looking up at
            the kite, start to twist the board driving the your right foot down in the
            water,let the kite go a little to the left so it lifts you slightly,keep
            twisting the board and suck your knees up to your chest and as the board
            starts to come aroundbring the kite back to nuetral. i know eaiser said than
            done ,but remember,what i explained is a 1-2-3 thing,once you start ,dont
            stop,this is a safe way and i teach all my students this way,and they never
            have a problem........

            remember relax!!!!!!!...........paul >>
          • Dave Raue
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2, 2000
              > In a message dated 7/1/00 9:20:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
              ssgray@...
              > writes:
              >
              > << Are there any wakeboard style kitesurfers out there who can tell me
              > how you re-orient yourself (without taking the board off your feet)
              > after you get dragged, or wipe out and end up with the board behind
              > you? I've done it once, but it was a bit of a fluke. I'm getting
              > sick of taking the board off, flying the kite, and putting the board
              > on again. Help!
              > >>

              > If you fall and land on your back, first you must roll your body back to
              your
              > front side.
              > This can be difficult when kite is overhead in nuetral zone, because now
              you
              > are facing upwards looking at the kite backwards. . To roll back over,
              > slowly lower kite to edge of window and roll your body back over toward
              it.
              > Then raise kite to nuetral, over head, and fly the wake board underwater
              > back to the starting position...

              If you're in very shallow water, rolling over from this position is not
              easy - as I discovered. Stay in water deep enough so you CAN roll the board
              around if need be.
            • Ted
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 2, 2000
                When the board is behind you and you are on your stomach we do one of
                the following.

                Roll your board in front. Bend your knees with the board close to
                your butt and with the kite in the neautral position use your stomach
                muscles to bring your feet / board in front. It is a lean backwards
                force the board under you and forward effort. With the larger
                wakeboards this is a chore but not too hard.

                Jump and swing the board in front. This is a good one for those who
                use bindings and a smaller wake board. On your stomach with board
                behind you bring the kite to one side, then just as you would
                initiate a jump bring the kite overhead. As you are pulled out of
                the water swing the board in front. When you are initiating your
                jump the board is behind you with your knees bent while leaning
                forward. The board is out of the water behind you at this point.
                After several trys you'll be able to come out of this one on a plane.

                -Ted