Re: [ksurf] Jumping with waterfoil

  • Paul Watson & Debra Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2000
      From: "Max" <maxine@...>
      Subject: Jumping with waterfoil

      I currently fly a 3.3sqm blade on abar, & i'm looking to get a 4.9sqm blade
      or a 5.7sqm waterfoil. but was wondering what the waterfoil is like to jump
      with

      Cheers N

      Max

      G'day Max,

      I'm hopeless in this area at present but having watched and gotten feedback
      from various jumping aces, I can say that the Waterfoil is fine for jumping
      ;-), although it handles a bit different to the Blade (turns a bit quicker).
      It relaunches a heck of a lot better too! I have a few new and used 5.7
      Waterfoils for sale (the good southern hemisphere ones!). If you are
      interested, Email me for prices and to further check their suitability for
      your purposes.

      Smooth Winds,

      Paul Watson
      algen@...
    • mail@lekite.com.au
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2000
        --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, "Paul Watson & Debra Smith" <algen@m...>
        wrote:
        > From: "Max" <maxine@o...>
        > Subject: Jumping with waterfoil
        >
        > I currently fly a 3.3sqm blade on abar, & i'm looking to get a
        4.9sqm blade
        > or a 5.7sqm waterfoil. but was wondering what the waterfoil is like
        to jump
        > with
        >
        > Cheers N
        >
        > Hi Max
        ] Water Foils are excellent kites for jumping. I have been out today
        in about a 1m swell using a 3.6 Water Foil and the hard part was
        staying on the water, no problems getting air and the landings are
        nice and soft. We have Water Foils in stock now. Email me for the
        new low prices, mail@...
        Regards
        Bob Dawson