FREE New Naish WristBands Finally In

  • KiteBoard@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 30, 2000
      The new Naish kiteleash wrist bands are finally available. Your local dealer
      will swap yours out for free.

      I picked one up today, & replaced the DaKine I'd been happy with, just to try
      it. Seems fine in use. It's a little different from anything I've seen as
      far as putting it on & off - there's a stiff plastic piece inside (like a
      mast base pad) so it clips around your wrist & stays there by itself while
      you wrap the single 1:1 velcro strap with one hand. Seems unnecessary for a
      KITE leash, since you have both hands free while putting it on (unless you
      forget & launch the kite first), but it would be a cool idea if anybody still
      uses an ankle-mounted boardleash.

      Mel
    • Ian Young
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 30, 2000
        >since you have both hands free while putting it on (unless you
        >forget & launch the kite first)

        IMO it is much safer to launch your kite without having your board leash
        attached.

        Much safer to attach it with the kite stable overhead and on the waters
        edge.

        Cheers,

        Ian Young
        WinDesigns Australia - Australia's First Kite Ski & Surfing School
        9 Oliver Street Scarborough
        WA 6019 AUSTRALIA
        Phone/ Fax: +61 8 9245 4657
        Mobile: 0414 716 812
        Webapage: www.iinet.net.au/~ianyoung/kiteski.html
      • KiteBoard@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2000
          IanYoung@... (Ian Young) writes:

          <<
          >since you have both hands free while putting it on (unless you
          >forget & launch the kite first)

          IMO it is much safer to launch your kite without having your board leash
          attached. >>

          Well I was writing about the KITE leash, but still:

          << Much safer to attach it with the kite stable overhead and on the waters
          edge. >>

          Agreed, IF the winds are steady enough that the kite WILL be stable overhead.
          Otherwise it can be much safer to launch the kite while in the water, at
          least with a Naish/Wipika.

          Here where it's really gusty on the beach it's MUCH safer to attach the
          boardleash, walk into the water, drop the board & launch the kite. Then you
          can let the gusts lift & drag you out to where the wind is a little better,
          there is nobody downwind to crash on, & if you do crash, it's into open
          water, not land or surf.

          The foil guys say they can't do it. They have to do like I used to: try to
          attach the boardleash on land while being lifted & dragged down the beach by
          the gusts, hopefully with the board trailing, because it's virtually
          impossible to walk upwind if there's enough to be powered on the water.

          An additional problem created by this method is that you can't choose exactly
          when & where you launch, since you can't tell how long & far down the beach
          you'll be struggling even to get your one-handed harness-mounted
          quick-release boardleash attached. By the time you're ready to drag your
          board across the sand to launch, you could be just upwind of innocent
          bystanders.

          With the pre-attachment of the boardleash you can choose your launch site, &
          wait for it to clear of bystanders downwind (or ask them to move for a
          moment) & then as soon as you launch the kite you can swing it safely over
          the water & go.

          Mel
        • Steve McCormack
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 1, 2000
            Hi Fellow Aussies

            These wrist cuffs are now available in Australia too, please contact us to
            get one sent to you even if you did not purchase your kite from us, cya and
            Goodwinds
            Steve McCormack
            sydney@...
            www.kitepower.com.au

            > The new Naish kiteleash wrist bands are finally available. Your local
            dealer
            > will swap yours out for free.
            >
            > I picked one up today, & replaced the DaKine I'd been happy with, just to
            try
            > it. Seems fine in use. It's a little different from anything I've seen
            as
            > far as putting it on & off - there's a stiff plastic piece inside (like a
            > mast base pad) so it clips around your wrist & stays there by itself while
            > you wrap the single 1:1 velcro strap with one hand. Seems unnecessary for
            > KITE leash, since you have both hands free while putting it on (unless you
            > forget & launch the kite first), but it would be a cool idea if anybody
            still
            > uses an ankle-mounted boardleash.
            >
            > Mel

            > windTools - producer of the legendary Mosquito Pro KS
            > Get the right kitesurfingstuff.
            >
            > Visit http://www.windTools.com

          • Brian Wilsom
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 1, 2000
              Please advise somemore!
              Thanks
              Brian

              At 11:21 01/07/2000, you wrote:
              >Hi Fellow Aussies
              >
              >These wrist cuffs are now available in Australia too, please contact us to
              >get one sent to you even if you did not purchase your kite from us, cya and
              >Goodwinds
              >Steve McCormack
              >sydney@...
              >www.kitepower.com.au
              >

              > > The new Naish kiteleash wrist bands are finally available. Your local
              >dealer
              > > will swap yours out for free.
              > >
              > > I picked one up today, & replaced the DaKine I'd been happy with, just to
              >try
              > > it. Seems fine in use. It's a little different from anything I've seen
              >as
              > > far as putting it on & off - there's a stiff plastic piece inside (like a
              > > mast base pad) so it clips around your wrist & stays there by itself while
              > > you wrap the single 1:1 velcro strap with one hand. Seems unnecessary for
              > > KITE leash, since you have both hands free while putting it on (unless you
              > > forget & launch the kite first), but it would be a cool idea if anybody
              >still
              > > uses an ankle-mounted boardleash.
              > >
              > > Mel
              > >

              > > The Kitesurf Group is sponsored by windTools
              > >
              > > windTools - producer of the legendary Mosquito Pro KS
              > > Get the right kitesurfingstuff.
              > >
              > > Visit http://www.windTools.com

              >The Kitesurf Group is sponsored by windTools
              >
              >windTools - producer of the legendary Mosquito Pro KS
              >Get the right kitesurfingstuff.
              >
              >Visit http://www.windTools.com

              Suntrax
              Phone / Fax: ** 27 21 556 0044
              http://www.suntrax.co.za
            • Greg Walsh
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 2, 2000
                I've recently taken to landing my CA foil on the water to make
                adjusments, fiddle with leashes etc. It avoids sand and junk on the
                beach and ensures the kite parks easily. Makes fitting the leash a
                very easy operation. Water relaunching is never a problem.
              • Steve McCormack
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 3, 2000
                  Hi Brian

                  I should have stated that I can only supply these leash cuffs to Oz
                  customers, contact you Naish dealer for a replacement if you have the older
                  cuff with the plastic press stud/snap, cya and
                  Goodwinds
                  Steve McCormack
                  sydney@...
                  www.kitepower.com.au

                • Andy Heaton
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 3, 2000
                    Hi Brian

                    Hope your holiday was good.

                    Regarding the error you were receiving buying the video.

                    I just discovered that on some MSN browsers the buy screen goes blank when
                    continue shopping is pressed, did this happen to you?

                    If so, I have fixed and apologize, we only just found out when a programmer tried
                    to buy online and told us exactly what was up.

                    Let me know if you haven't got a copy all ready and I'll sort it out.

                    Andy

                    Brian Wilsom wrote:

                    > Please advise somemore!
                    > Thanks
                    > Brian
                    >
                    > At 11:21 01/07/2000, you wrote:
                    > >Hi Fellow Aussies
                    > >
                    > >These wrist cuffs are now available in Australia too, please contact us to
                    > >get one sent to you even if you did not purchase your kite from us, cya and
                    > >Goodwinds
                    > >Steve McCormack
                    > >sydney@...
                    > >www.kitepower.com.au
                    > >

                    > > > The new Naish kiteleash wrist bands are finally available. Your local
                    > >dealer
                    > > > will swap yours out for free.
                    > > >
                    > > > I picked one up today, & replaced the DaKine I'd been happy with, just to
                    > >try
                    > > > it. Seems fine in use. It's a little different from anything I've seen
                    > >as
                    > > > far as putting it on & off - there's a stiff plastic piece inside (like a
                    > > > mast base pad) so it clips around your wrist & stays there by itself while
                    > > > you wrap the single 1:1 velcro strap with one hand. Seems unnecessary for
                    > > > KITE leash, since you have both hands free while putting it on (unless you
                    > > > forget & launch the kite first), but it would be a cool idea if anybody
                    > >still
                    > > > uses an ankle-mounted boardleash.
                    > > >
                    > > > Mel
                    > > >

                    > > > The Kitesurf Group is sponsored by windTools
                    > > >
                    > > > windTools - producer of the legendary Mosquito Pro KS
                    > > > Get the right kitesurfingstuff.
                    > > >
                    > > > Visit http://www.windTools.com

                    > >The Kitesurf Group is sponsored by windTools
                    > >
                    > >windTools - producer of the legendary Mosquito Pro KS
                    > >Get the right kitesurfingstuff.
                    > >
                    > >Visit http://www.windTools.com

                    > Suntrax
                    > Phone / Fax: ** 27 21 556 0044
                    > http://www.suntrax.co.za

                    > windTools - producer of the legendary Mosquito Pro KS
                    > Get the right kitesurfingstuff.
                    >
                    > Visit http://www.windTools.com

                    Regards
                    Andy Heaton
                    http://www.kitehigh.com

                    P: 1 808 250 KITE
                    E: support@...
                    F: 1 808 242 1087
                  • Brian Wilsom
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 4, 2000
                      Hi Andy
                      Thanks for coming back to me re. the video. No, I have not yet rcd. it and
                      cannot remrmber the specific problem with the order.Please organise.
                      We are the Naish kite retailer in Cape Town and are interested in any new
                      product, so feel free to send any info.
                      I sent you the e-mail on the leashes in error, it was suposed to go to our
                      local SA importer, sorry !!
                      I admire your diplomacy with Todd, Ithink it is?on the egroup!
                      Regards
                      Brian Wilson