Re: [ksurf] re comparison test between soft and framed kites

  • srosso@bunge.com.br
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20 7:39 AM
      yes i would like to take part in a comparison but i think it would be
      better if it took place at the same time at the same place that way you can
      compare apples with apples my idea of light wind would be diffrent to
      some one elses

      I think this is a good point. A Framed kite is inherently heavier and
      therefore will theoretically be disadvantaged in light winds. On the other
      hand we know from hang-gliding that there is a better eficiency in the
      frame... The most interesting comparison data will be in Light winds.

      In windsurfing too, when the wind is strong it makes less difference wether
      you have a really light rig or not. It matters a lot more its flex and
      shape characteristics (including reflex response, etc). In light winds
      however, it can ,make all the difference !

      I would like to propose something to the group. We can create a Web
      newsletter for kitesurfing - I dont think a magazine will be feasible for
      some time. I volunteer to work on it. We could start maybe with a
      comparison test, and in there we could also have new product features
      etc... new maneuvers... I will publish it on the web but I would need
      contributions from all of you. Let me know if there is support for such an
      idea.

      Stefano