Re: [ksurf] Planing my this year kitesurf vacation

  • Dwight & Jacky
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2000

      > For this year I bought:
      > Naish AR3.5 5,7,9 m² (used)
      > and there will be an Naish AR5.0 11.5m² coming next week.
      >
      > (My experience in kitesurfing: jibing and jumping no prob)
      >
      > So what do you think? Is this the perfect stuff for this
      > year?

      Sounds good to me.

      Or should I get another AR5.0? Is there a huge
      > difference between 11.5m² and 9.5m²?

      No, they are too close in size.

      > Maybe I will convert the Naish AR3.5 to 4-line-mode,
      > but I am not sure if this is a good idea. I'm not the
      > best person to make it, maybe I brake something?

      It is a good idea, do it.

      The best way to do it, is to use your lines and bar that come with the 11.5.
      I use the same bar and lines with every kite. You roll up the tip on the
      AR3.5 and install cable ties to tie it up. Remove the bridles lines, but
      leave the pulleys there. If you don't like it, you can unroll the tip and go
      back to 2 lines. Just use one of your other AR3.5 kites to copy and you
      should be able to reassemble the bridle.

      > Can you reverse this operation?

      Yes

      Dwight