Planing my this year kitesurf vacation

  • Robin Zwissler
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2000
      Hi group members,

      this is my third year in kitesurfing. Unfortunately I
      do not live at the ocean and do not live
      in a windy area. I live in the middle of Germany :(
      At least there is one advantage: the mountains
      are just a little drive away for snowboarding in winter time.

      So, I have to plan every vacation in summer perfectly!
      I can't test equipment, I have to buy it and hope
      it is ok. Last year I had a terrible experience with
      foils, the wind was too gusty and the foils too unstable.
      Luckily the windsurfschool startet with renting Wipikas.
      As every year, I will go to Fuerteventura (Canary Islands).
      http://www.flagbeach.com, where I was the first person
      to kitesurf.

      For this year I bought:
      Naish AR3.5 5,7,9 m² (used)
      and there will be an Naish AR5.0 11.5m² coming next week.

      (My experience in kitesurfing: jibing and jumping no prob)

      So what do you think? Is this the perfect stuff for this
      year? Or should I get another AR5.0? Is there a huge
      difference between 11.5m² and 9.5m²? The problem is:
      three weeks, probably no possibility to get the stuff
      on this island. Everybode writes about the AR5, but I can't get
      all the 7.5 - 11.5 (I'm a student). So what do you think?

      (Tip: In Germany the Naishs are way cheaper than anywhere
      else, US-$ is high and Naishs are here very cheap anyway)

      Maybe I will convert the Naish AR3.5 to 4-line-mode,
      but I am not sure if this is a good idea. I'm not the
      best person to make it, maybe I brake something?
      Can you reverse this operation?

      All has to be perfect! I'm so stoked about kitesurfing,
      but I live in the stupiest place on earth for that! :((
      F**K

      Sorry for this unoptimistic mail, sorry for my english.

      Robin
      http://www.kite-surf.com

      (maybe you can help me in another way:
      I study Business Computer Science and I am looking
      for an internship at an IT company next year (as from Feb 2001).
      So, my dream is to make an internship in the IT business
      where you can go kitesurfing in the evening.
      Is there any way you can help me? Do you have connections
      to IT companies in your area?)