Tenerife kite boarding

  • zaccton@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2000
      After I saw Eurosport YOZ magazine - kite boarding in Tenerife
      ( Hawaii for the european ) Im planning my next vacation there
      Is there an organize kite surfing activity - clubs , equip. rental...
      (I can bring my Wipika with me - not the board)
      any one kitesurf there? - where ?
      Do I need to expect the same wind as in the TV show
      most of the time ?

      thanks
      TZ
    • Christian Ziedins
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2000
        I was there last month for a week.
        Unfortunatly there was not a lot wind...and for one day there was too
        much ... (had only 2 short days on the water :-( ).
        The times I've been windsurfing in Tenerife in the past I had much
        better wind. If you go during the summer it should be good.
        Me too, I came there only with a Wipika 8.5, no board.
        There is a place in El Medano (Cabezo) where you can rent a board.
        I find it expensive....after some bargaining the price was 21.000 PSTS
        for six days (F1-215 board + one afternoon lesson).
        They don't rent the board without min one or two days course.
        Contact Guillermo (the instructor) for more info
        email: gremon@...
        tel: +34 922.17.73.92

        Have Fun in Tenerife !

        PS: when did you see this on Eurosport ? Last week it was Tarifa.
        Was Tenerife before or after ?