Lifting off

  • Mark Frasier
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2000
      Hi folks,

      I can get the board in the air off chop or waves, but I haven't figured out
      how to lift off from a flat spot. I have the kite part figured out but how
      do you get the board to "unstick" from the water? I feel like I'm going to
      rip the straps off the board, but it won't come up.

      Thanks,

      Mark Frasier
    • Steve Burgoine
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2000
        just before you pull the strap fixings out of the board flatten it
        off, if you have enough power it'll pop out of the water.
        One thing to note, like the others said watch the nose dragging in
        the water, you'll end up doing an unrecoverable superman impresion.

        I,ve found simply lifting you front leg first then the rear, just
        like an ollie on a skate board/snow board, for those who know, will
        do the trick.