[ksurf] Re: Kite Passion Magazine

  • Martin Rothwell
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 1999
      JP BEQUET wrote:

      > Hi there
      >
      > Following Phil Lavigne's message may I present to all of you Kite Passion
      > Magazine and it's french version Cerf-Volant Passion.

      Hard to get the mag here in Devon (UK) and I think I missed the last few issues.
      My subsciption will be on the fax later today.

      Keep up the good work. It was only by chance that a friend saw your mag a year or
      two ago and the article about Manu Bertin. Thanks for educating us Brits to this
      fantastic new sport.

      Martin Rothwell

    • JP BEQUET
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 1999
        >Hard to get the mag here in Devon (UK) and I think I missed the last few
        >issues.
        >My subsciption will be on the fax later today.

        You know you can ask your newsagent to order the magazine to MMC company
        which distribute Kite Passion in the UK and worldwide

        >Keep up the good work. It was only by chance that a friend saw your mag a
        >year or
        >two ago and the article about Manu Bertin. Thanks for educating us Brits
        >to this
        >fantastic new sport.

        My pleasure and my job.
        Best winds

        Jean-Philippe

        Kite Passion & Cerf-Volant Passion
        Awarded best magazine by KTAI 98

        Jean-Philippe Bequet : Editor
        36, rue des 3 ponts
        17700 St Germain de Marencennes
        France

        Tel : (33) 5 46 35 46 90
        Fax : (33) 5 46 35 46 89
        e-mail : jpbequet@...
        Web : http://www.kitepassion.com

      • Martin Rothwell
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 1999
          JP BEQUET wrote:

          > You know you can ask your newsagent to order the magazine to MMC company
          > which distribute Kite Passion in the UK and worldwide

          Never mind. I faxed the form for subsciption to you earlier!!

          Martin

        • JP BEQUET
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 30, 1999
            >For you kitesurfing guys and gals out there who don't get Kite Passion
            >you should!
            >
            >I saw the latest issue at the weekend but the paper shop only had one
            >copy and my frined made it to the til before me. Anyway, there is loads
            >of information and wicked pictures which were really inspiring! Go get
            >it now!
            >
            >I am still waiting for my subscription to come through the post!
            >
            >Martin

            Hi Martin and all the others on the list

            Thankyou for the compliments.
            Your copy will probably arrive very soon as all the subs have been sent
            last Friday.
            Let me know if there is any problem with your subscription (you are on the
            list, I've checked) .
            We sometime have some problemes with the company which run the subs for us
            (ie : last month they have sent the french version to a number of english
            speaking subscribers).

            At the moment we are working on a new magazine dedicated to traction kite
            only (mainly kite surfing). It will come out in June, on top of the usual
            Kite Passion and Cerf-Volant Passion.
            Unfortunately for our english speaking readers, this first try will come
            out in french only. It's a test we make on the viability of that kind of
            mag at the moment. I'm not afraid with the editorial content (I always have
            too much articles and photos than I can publish) but I'm a little bit
            stressed by the ad. And as you probably know, ads are (as we say in french)
            the "nerve of war" (any sense in english?) . Means that whithout the ads
            you canno't make a pleasant mag, full of colors, of photos, of actions,
            etc.

            Anyway, we will send the mag in french to anyone interested, to have your
            feeling on it.
            And it will be good to improve your french
            So any news, gossip, new products, experience to share are welcome. Even
            this first issue will come out in french the concept will be international.

            Hope you've understand my english.
            Nice breeze and big waves to all of U.
            Hope to meet some of you next week in Leucate for the Mondial du Vent.
            Be sure it will be great fun (and big wind).

            Jean-Philippe

            PS : anyone interested in more info on how and where to buy Kite Passion, a
            list of the KP distributors and retailers is on <kitepassion.com>.
            The site is under re-construction, but the infos are still on it.
            You can also ring - fax or email Sandrine "the KP voice" at :

            Tel: +33 1 48 78 69 69
            Fax : +33 1 48 78 09 71
            Email : paps@...

            $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

            Une journee sans vent est toujours
            meilleure a prendre qu'un repas
            avec un mauvais vin.

            A day without wind is always better
            than a meal with bad wine

            Kite Passion & Cerf-Volant Passion
            Awarded best magazine by KTAI 98

            Jean-Philippe Bequet : Editor
            36, rue des 3 ponts
            17700 St Germain de Marencennes
            France

            Tel : +33 (0) 5 46 35 46 90
            Fax : +33 (0) 5 46 35 46 89

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 30, 1999
              JP BEQUET wrote:

              > Your copy will probably arrive very soon as all the subs have been sent
              > last Friday.

              Can't wait!

              > Anyway, we will send the mag in french to anyone interested, to have your
              > feeling on it.

              Yes please!!!

              Martin

            • Dave Culp
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 30, 1999
                >Unfortunately for our english speaking readers, this first try will come
                >out in french only. It's a test we make on the viability of that kind of
                >mag at the moment. I'm not afraid with the editorial content (I always have
                >too much articles and photos than I can publish) but I'm a little bit
                >stressed by the ad. And as you probably know, ads are (as we say in french)
                >the "nerve of war" (any sense in english?) .

                "Nerve of war" likely translates as "life blood" in English. Funny how
                both terms refer to bloodshed and death, eh?

                Will there be any chance of seeing some text of articles online? That way
                we can try the bablefish translator on them.

                OTOH, if you send paper copies, perhaps you can add them to your
                "circulation numbers," the better to impress your advertisers!

                Dave Culp

                --
                Dave Culp Speedsailing dave@... http://www.dcss.org/speedsl
                Kite powered boats, high speed sailing, proas and more. Check it out!

              • JP BEQUET
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 31, 1999
                  >Will there be any chance of seeing some text of articles online? That way
                  >we can try the bablefish translator on them.
                  >
                  >OTOH, if you send paper copies, perhaps you can add them to your
                  >"circulation numbers," the better to impress your advertisers!

                  That's good ideas.
                  Don't you want to work with us as marketing manager ?

                  Jean-Philippe