[ksurf] Re: Kite Durability (was: New to the group with questions)

  • CKirks@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 1999
      In a message dated 1/28/99 4:45:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      algen@... writes:

      << I am not familiar with current windsurfing sails and their
      durability, I suspect that they may last a bit longer than kites. >>

      I am very familiar with current windsurfing sails and their durability. The
      more durable sails will last for a maximum of about 300 hours (due to UV rays
      weakening the material). Less if the user is falling more than a few times
      per hour, more if used when it's cloudy. How do kites compare to that?

      Tom
      Captain Kirk's Windsurfing