[ksurf] Re: Security system

  • srosso@bunge.com.br
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 28, 1999
      Xavier - with regards to the security system - the one i recommend is the
      new version used on wipika bars...

      use about 4 m of 4mm line on each side and then have another piece
      connected to the end of this 4mm line come back (about 4.5 to 5m) and
      attach it to your harness or wrist(harness is what i recommend)

      see attached BMP picture

      (See attached file: safety.bmp)

      This system works VERY well with wipikas (and soft foils that are not cross
      bridled) and is much better over any system that will disconnect the lines
      in terms of recovery.

      PS (to my brasilian friends in Rio TONICO and CHRISTIAN - this is the
      system I was telling you about )

    • Alex Gillan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 28, 1999
        YES WE'VE BEEN USING THIS SYSTEM FOR OUR WIPIKA'S IN MELBOURNE AND IT WORKS
        FINE (WE USE SHOCK CORD FOR THE LINE TO YOUR WRIST)

        ALEX

        >Xavier - with regards to the security system - the one i recommend is the
        >new version used on wipika bars...
        >
        >use about 4 m of 4mm line on each side and then have another piece
        >connected to the end of this 4mm line come back (about 4.5 to 5m) and
        >attach it to your harness or wrist(harness is what i recommend)
        >
        >see attached BMP picture
        >
        >(See attached file: safety.bmp)
        >
        >This system works VERY well with wipikas (and soft foils that are not cross
        >bridled) and is much better over any system that will disconnect the lines
        >in terms of recovery.
        >
        >PS (to my brasilian friends in Rio TONICO and CHRISTIAN - this is the
        >system I was telling you about )

        >eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/kitesurf

      • Ian Young
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 28, 1999
          How have you guys fixed the wrist/harness shock cord to the
          flying line?

          Cheers for now,
          Ian

          WinDesigns Australia:
          9 Oliver St, Scarborough, WA, AUSTRALIA, 6019
          Phone/Fax: +61 8 9245 4657
          Mobile: 0414 716 812
          Email: IanYoung@...
          Webpage: http://www.iinet.net.au/~ianyoung/

        • Alex Gillan
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 28, 1999
            Dave uses some wierd knot

            I jusr put a half hitch in the shock cord and a pul-thru-slip knot in the
            main port line - that way you can always un do it or change the length at
            any time

            Is that clear enough?

            PS I'm extending mine because in high winds 3m isn't enough to depower the
            kite and it swourls around like a crazy bastard until you can wind in 4-5
            metres of port line

            Kitesurfers are go!

            Alex

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 29, 1999
              How have you guys fixed the wrist/harness shock cord to the
              flying line?

              the cord is attached to the 4mm line going to the flying lines (I define
              the flying lines as the spectra bits) - I consider the 4mm line part of my
              bar - this has the obvious advantages of not pulling on the spectra line
              which is not something it likes.

            • srosso@bunge.com.br
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 29, 1999
                PS I'm extending mine because in high winds 3m isn't enough to depower the
                kite and it swourls around like a crazy bastard until you can wind in 4-5
                metres of port line

                I use 4-5 meters - it depowers all my kites from 9 m soft foil down