Re: How do you land a 2-line foil

  • Jimmy C
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2000
      Greg,

      My friend came up with a good technique we use with our Mosquitos.
      First, get off your board and walk up to shore. Then remove your
      leash from your ankle. Slowly drop the kite to the edge of the
      window...eventually putting the kite in the water at the edge. You
      want to put the kite down on the side where it will be farthest from
      shore when it hits the water (or on the side with the least wind if
      in a bay or something like that). Then while keeping hold of the
      handle RUN to meet the kite as it floats in.

      It works very well...no problems yet. Just make sure you keep hold of
      the handle, in case you abort your run and need to control the kite
      in a relaunch. The kite won't relaunch unless you get a super
      powerful gust or it reaches the beach before you grab it. If that
      happens you'll need to do the football tackle on it...

      -Jim