AR5's vs foils

  • Rony
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2000
      Ok, I've had my AR5's for a couple of weeks now and here's the result
      (I kinda wanted to see a post like this before I made the switch...):

      AR5's are a pain on land but you get used to the pumping, 4 lines and
      the size :.
      On the water the ride is really cool. It's more of a winsurf feel,
      with more control, smoother power, and less brute force involved
      (although that's pretty fun too!)
      The AR5 can be locked in a position, and the kite just adjusts in the
      window (further forward in the gusts, etc...)Really nice to see.,
      They do go upwind really good, about the same as a good foil, without
      having to move it at all, and also can be kept nice and high in the
      window the whole time without as much lift=ready to jump all the time.

      Jumping is smooth and I end up doing tricks on every jump as opposed
      to the longer floaty jumps that I used to do on my foils ( maybe
      because the foil seemed to rip me off the water and take me on the
      high altitude rides of my life?!
      I haven't used the trimming line yet because I just don't think about
      it and I'm sure that'll add even more comfort and control.

      Enough rambling,
      Rony