How do you land a 2-line foil

  • Greg Walsh
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2000
      Yo Group

      How do you land a 2-line, relaunchable foil by yourself if you
      don't
      have a reel bar or a beach full of rubbish bins to park it against?
      Is
      there a neet, elegant way to do it?

      Greg
    • Jimmy C
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2000
        Greg,

        My friend came up with a good technique we use with our Mosquitos.
        First, get off your board and walk up to shore. Then remove your
        leash from your ankle. Slowly drop the kite to the edge of the
        window...eventually putting the kite in the water at the edge. You
        want to put the kite down on the side where it will be farthest from
        shore when it hits the water (or on the side with the least wind if
        in a bay or something like that). Then while keeping hold of the
        handle RUN to meet the kite as it floats in.

        It works very well...no problems yet. Just make sure you keep hold of
        the handle, in case you abort your run and need to control the kite
        in a relaunch. The kite won't relaunch unless you get a super
        powerful gust or it reaches the beach before you grab it. If that
        happens you'll need to do the football tackle on it...

        -Jim