Re: [ksurf] Re: BOARD SIZE

  • Ian Young
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2000
      > will probably go shorter than that eventually, I know
      > I will still go upwind because as has been discussed, this is mostly due to
      > power not the length of your board.

      Our first boards were 1.8m but we found that on the open ocean they tended to
      clip the chop too much and slow you down while the kite continued to wrap to the
      edge of the wind window or worse still they would nose dive at speed and
      sling-shot you over the front - this can be reduced to a certain degree by
      moving your foot straps back but then you'll be dredging in the lulls and
      lighter winds. For this performance you might as well use a wakeboard.

      For 70 - 90 kg I still think that 2.1m is the best all-round length for a
      directional board.

      Cheers,
      Ian Young

      WinDesigns Australia - Australia's First Kite Ski&Surf School
      9 Oliver St, Scarborough, WA, AUSTRALIA, 6019
      Phone: +61 8 9245 4603
      Fax: +61 8 9245 4657
      Mobile: 0414 716 812
      Email: IanYoung@...