Re: [ksurf] Looking for bar and sheeting system used in" How to rip harder"

  • Todd Snyder
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2000
      Make one!!! Here's what I made yesterday . Gonna try it today if we get
      wind..
      I still use it with my main harness line,when I'm not jumping I like to sit
      in and not have to hold onto the bar when sailing. Plus the main harness line
      aids in tuning the kite when overpowered.

      Oh I did figure the length. the total length from stopper ball to where the
      fling lines attach is 28'' when the preset is set at neutral. Neutral being
      with front lines about 1'' behind the back lines.

      With this system I have 6'' in sheeting in or out from the preset neutral
      position. Plus the 9'' with the trim harness.

      The kev. cord I use is about 5mm or alittle smaller and the breaking strength
      is 1,800lbs.
      stuff works great. Got it a west marine...... $ .58 a foot .

      I use this system know on my other bar but a little different design. Same
      concept.
      I hook into the main while flying with the preset set at neutral. When I
      start to get overpower and can't maintain a good edge I hook into the trim
      harness along with the main harness which depowers the kite usually enough to
      maintain a good edge . Now if the wind keeps building and becomes steady and
      I get more over powered I reach up and pull on the preset and sheet in as
      needed still staying hooked into both trim and main harness lines.Or in just
      gusts stay hooked into trimm and unhook from main and sheet out as needed.
      Now if the wind drops I just unhook from my trim harnes and now just in my
      main with the kite powered back up .If not powered enough let the preset out
      to become powered.

      Sounds alittle difficult but not really. It's all on feel . It's nice being
      able to tune your kite while sailing ,to get the most out of your time on
      the water.

      Later,
      Todd

      John Adams wrote:

      > IM looking into changing my bar and sheeting system on my AR5 Naish
      > 11.5 & 9.5 The system used in the video "How to rip harder" I like
      > the idea of setting the sheeting lines and locking them in. It looked
      > like they used the Longhorn bar with only one harness loop.where can
      > I find what I need? Thanks,
      >
      > John Adams

      > windTools - producer of the legendary Mosquito Pro KS
      > Get the right kitesurfingstuff.
      >
      > Visit http://www.windTools.com

      Click here for Free Video!!
      http://www.gohip.com/freevideo/
    • Rony
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 29, 2000
        --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, Todd Snyder <boomjib@e...> wrote:
        >Neutral being
        > with front lines about 1'' behind the back lines.

        Do you mean front lines 1" shorter, or longer than back lines?