Re: [ksurf] mosquito bridle lengths

  • Ronald Kittag
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 13, 2000
      > I got official info direct from Mosquito pro.

      Funny that a company that has little reported problems with their bridles
      gives away the info customers need, while other companies, that obviously
      have material or quality problems with their bridles don't even answer.

      As reported earlier the left side of the mainbridles of my waterfoil 3.6
      snapped, so did the crossbridles of the right side last wednesday. No
      answers from Perter Lynn yet. My dealer only suggested:
      "you can send the kite back to Peterlynn at our expense of coarse (but has
      to be by economy air mail),"
      which is not verry satisfying for me, sitting here in Europe, as I don't
      want
      to give my kite away for 3 weeks for a 1 hours job, which I can easily do on
      my own if they give me the exact measurements.
      I've already missed 5 days with great suthern winds (4-5bft), sunny
      conditions and warm airtemperatures. As these are the first days in the
      season and I'm really hungry to go kitesurfing after a long winter, it hurts
      even more. Plus in mid May normally the wind takes a break until September
      over here.

      If anybody also has the Waterfoil 3.6, please can you measure the 2nd
      section of the mainbridle (7 black lines per side) make a scetch and post it
      here.

      thanks in advance
      Ronald

      PS: if you buy a Waterfoil, with these black bridlelines (verry slippery
      material), before you go on the water the first time, open the knots and sew
      them to be shure there are no knots to come loose, or replace them with a
      different kind of lines.

      PPS: it's not that funny being on the water and almost knocking yourself out
      of consiousness with your bar, because the bride snaps.
    • Dave Raue
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 13, 2000
        --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, "Ronald Kittag" <h9050408@f...> wrote:

        > > I got official info direct from Mosquito pro.
        >
        > Funny that a company that has little reported problems with their
        bridles
        > gives away the info customers need, while other companies, that
        obviously
        > have material or quality problems with their bridles don't even
        answer.

        > As reported earlier the left side of the mainbridles of my
        waterfoil 3.6
        > snapped, so did the crossbridles of the right side last wednesday.
        No
        > answers from Perter Lynn yet. My dealer only suggested:
        > "you can send the kite back to Peterlynn at our expense of coarse
        (but has
        > to be by economy air mail),"
        > which is not verry satisfying for me, sitting here in Europe, as I
        don't
        > want
        > to give my kite away for 3 weeks for a 1 hours job, which I can
        easily do on
        > my own if they give me the exact measurements.
        > I've already missed 5 days with great suthern winds (4-5bft), sunny
        > conditions and warm airtemperatures. As these are the first days in
        the
        > season and I'm really hungry to go kitesurfing after a long winter,
        it hurts
        > even more. Plus in mid May normally the wind takes a break until
        September
        > over here.
        >
        > If anybody also has the Waterfoil 3.6, please can you measure the
        2nd
        > section of the mainbridle (7 black lines per side) make a scetch
        and post it
        > here.
        >
        > thanks in advance
        > Ronald
        >
        > PS: if you buy a Waterfoil, with these black bridlelines (verry
        slippery
        > material), before you go on the water the first time, open the
        knots and sew
        > them to be shure there are no knots to come loose, or replace them
        with a
        > different kind of lines.
        >
        > PPS: it's not that funny being on the water and almost knocking
        yourself out
        > of consiousness with your bar, because the bride snaps.

        There's much to what you say, and it should serve as a wake-up call.
        Doubtless I'll be flamed by the PL devotees, but....
        PL has a long history of terrific innovation followed by development
        on-the-fly, mediocre execution and sketchy supply/distribution.
        IMHO, buying the latest and greatest PL product is really buying a
        cutting edge concept that will surely be changed in subsequent
        versions to rectify inadequacies. This means that early PL adopters
        are doing PL's development work. I've talked to kite dealers all
        over the US and they all seem to agree - "Pl makes great stuff,
        BUT..."

        My own quaint belief is that businesses have an obligation to
        appropriately support their customers. This extends to information
        necessary to use/maintain the product, availability of spare parts,
        etc etc. Suppliers that provide this support get my business (lots
        of too). I got a Big Foot buggy from PL. Lots of fun, but it's my
        first and last PL product. It has INHERENT design features that
        demand frequent service/parts replacement. Yet the parts are
        obscure, difficult to source, special order items.