Re: [ksurf] Re: New England thing - update

  • Dave Raue
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 12, 2000
      According to posts on rec.windsurfing and private e-mail with Cape
      Cod Windsurfing assoc, kitesurfing has already been officially banned
      at Kalmus. FWIW, I was kitesurfing at W Dennis last summer, nobody
      hassled me. Always walked to the west end near the breakwater and
      more-or-less away from the windsurfers. My impression is the kite
      ban is against stunt kites etc in the middle of the main beach. Been
      to Chapin (all traction kite sports) and Nauset (scudding, body
      dragging only) too, never any hassles or challenges.

      See you over Easter if winds cooperate!

      Dave

      --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, "Jimmy C" <jimmy_c@w...> wrote:
      > Peter,
      >
      > There are a few of us kitesurfing in the mid-Cape area. We usually
      > head to W.Dennis on light southerlies. We've decided to steer clear
      > of Kalmus on weekends b/c we feel it's too short a beach and too
      many
      > windsurfers. We just figure Kalmus is the first spot we'll get
      banned
      > from, so may as well stay away. Plus there's the high speed
      ferries!!
      > Actually, kiting is banned at both W.Dennis and Kalmus and most
      other
      > Cape Cod beaches in the summer...not sure how kitesurfing will pan
      > out.
      >
      > Anyway, if it's a weekend and 10-20mph on a southerly then you'll
      > find us at W.Dennis. Stop by, I'm on AR5s and friends have
      Mosquitos.