Latest KiteBoarding Ban News

  • KiteBoard@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2000
      I'd previously heard that the local Los Angeles County lifeguards were
      planning to initiate a ban on kiteboarding at Cabrillo Beach. Today I heard
      from a reliable source that the primary negative input has been from
      boardsailors complaining about kiteboarders getting in their way (on the
      water, presumably). Apparently the lifeguards' position is that both groups
      have equal rights.

      I'm still going to do my best to stay clear of all boardsailors AND
      lifeguards (no rescues for me yet). I like to ride further from shore, &
      well upwind of the relatively crowded boardsailing zone, although I tend to
      cut through that area on my way up from the ideal launching area.

      Mel