polyester-safe cores

  • Mark Frasier
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2000
      Hey folks,

      Is there a material that can be used for board cores that's commonly
      available and not melted by polyester resins? I want to try making a board
      or two this summer but the high cost of epoxy resin is scaring me away from
      styrofoam cores, and Clark blanks are too expensive to ship.

      How much resin do you need for a kiteboard, anyhow? Would I be likely to
      get two boards out of a gallon of epoxy mix? If so I think styro cores are
      still an option.

      Thanks,
      Mark Frasier