Mosquito modifications that are easy and work great..

  • Gary Sowell
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2000
      I was looking in the kitesurf group and was reading everyones ideas
      on
      how to setup and take down the mosquito faster... I really liked
      Kinsley's idea on the ziplock style bag ends for the inflatable
      liners, so I got busy this weekend and modified my kite... I bought
      some of the freezer bags with the zipper style zip lock ends and cut
      slit in my kite bags and siliconed the zipper part from the ziplock
      bags into it... It works great.. I can deflate that bags in seconds
      now rather than minutes.. I also went out and bought a $10 mattress
      foot pump... They are round and flat and when you undo the clip, it
      expands... These pumps can pump up the kite bag with only 6-10 foot
      pumps.. That saves a lot of time and saves your arms from getting
      tired....
      Now for the condomns.. I read where someone said to take them out of
      the kite... I tried it, but it was a real pain in the ass to put them
      back in... I went to the hardware store and got some little pvc pipe
      falanges... You need to take a dremmel and drill out the small
      plastic
      fittings in the kite (the ones the condomns go over) just up to where
      the sewing thread is... Now you take the condomns and put them over
      the pvc falange and that just sits right into the plastic ring sewn
      into the kite...
      Works like a charm and the kite deflates as fast as the Naish now :)
      Just thought I would let you know...

      aloha
      Gary