Re: [ksurf] Naish ar.5 5,5

  • Michael Kassal
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2000
      If you are a heavy rider.....go with 7.

      Don explained it to me the other day, as there is a limit ratio of weight to
      sail size.

      I would rather have a 4 lined ar3.5 7m and 5m kite than a 5.5 ar5 for for
      the higher wind days.

      I weigh 225 lbs.

      If you are a light rider, dont get the wrong idea, for someone like Don, the
      5.5 is his favorite kite size.

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2000
        Exactly....in higher gusty wind....the efficency works against me as a heavy
        rider.

        I wish Don would explain this.....I dont wan't to be an Naish spokesman.

        Having the 5.5 go from one side of the window to the next in a second or so
        is a little too quick.

        I would say lower aspect ratio...slower kite...more steady, smooth lift. In
        higher winds, generating lift is not as important, controling smooth steady
        power becomes more important. This is why wakeboarders love the smooth
        power of the wipika in the strong maui winds with the combo of the jimmy
        lewis wakeboards, which can really hold an edge.

        I am sure it will not be before long that Don perfects a kite for this type
        of riding also.