Re: [ksurf] New WAVE & SEASMIK

  • Richard Lui
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2000
      Well, finally got a chance to fly the 7.3m Concept Air New Wave. I know
      that Stan S. has the 4.9m and its my fault that its taking so long. He
      will tell you more later, and what other bars work the New Wave.

      The New Wave, a highly improvement on the EX'S. I know some of you were
      wondering about the water relaunching ability. Its a so simple to do,
      just pull back on the center line(brake) and the kite just lifts and
      cartwheels.
      A total bonus in my books is that it inflates fast, 40 secs, pretty good
      over the EX'S or Sport

      Others were wondering about the power in neutral zone. The New Wave
      offers no to little pull when its just over head. But you can still walk
      out, and do your water starting without being pulled 20feet intowards
      when trying to walk out on to the water.

      Controls are 3 line on a bar, the center line is a on a strap
      system(sheeting system). You can fly hooked in the little red loop or
      not. When sheeting you use pull on the loop and make little adjustments,
      and to sheeting out you have to pull the yellow strap. I'd like to call
      this system Manual sheeting. If you want Automatic sheeting you have to
      use a bar like Seasmik or Davinci, where the center line runs through
      the bar.

      You can also fly the New Wave with handles, some assembly required.

      The float time has been rised to ~20mins

      Did I mention the kite was very stable, in gusty or light winds and
      doesn't wonder all over the wind window, park in one spot and its stays.

      For all you, accessories freaks... comes with a Bar, Lines(I believe its
      your choice of Kevlar or Climax), Backpack - which turns into a small
      bag/pouch, minus when it converts it doesn't show the Wave title on the
      other side. There was going to be other little AD. things included...
      ask Michel.

      So, if you liked the EX'S 3.0, 4.8, 7.2... you'll really love the New
      Wave 3.0, 4.9, 7.3

      Thanks for listening,

      ~Rich
      extremekites@...