wakeboard waterstart tip, and AR5 relaunch tips

  • David Ambrose
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2000
      hi group
      i am just getting back from baja, and wanted to share some tips i
      figured out while down there.

      if you can't, or don't want to sink your wakeboard to get back into
      position to waterstart when your board is behind you...hook in, bend
      your knees, and power the kite up vertically to get just enough lift
      to flip the board under you, then power the kite forward to plane
      off. this works even in knee deep water! thanks to chris gilbert!

      if your AR5 is in the water, and the top wing tip is dragging, you
      can pull on the top center line which will help fill the wing tip
      with wind, and it usually will restart immediatly! sometimes you
      need to swim downwind a bit if the kite is directly downwind. that
      one is thanks to bruce sheldon.

      hope everyone had a great winter season!

      see you on the water!

      late' david
    • Steven Nenzel
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2000