Re: [ksurf] Re: 4-line bar - REALLY long lines

  • Dave Raue
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2000
      Fully agree with Steve. . With 200 feet you're going to either get so much
      drag that the brakes are always on OR your brake lines will need to be so
      slack that they won't work anyway. So it's NOT worth it, at least with 4
      lines. Don't try to go upwind till you can comfortably get up and planing.
      If you don't have enough power to do this on a broad reach you're
      underpowered. I don't think "working the kite" is really a viable practice
      unless you've already done a lot of kiting, too much to focus on. And even
      then it's not conducive to good kitesurfing - as somebody said, more like a
      way to get back in if the wind dies. Certainly NOT the way to learn.

      Dave