[ksurf] Re: Wipika FreeAir

  • Stephen McCormack
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2000
      Hi Greg

      We've been selling and using Wipika Free Airs for a few months up here in
      Sydney, maybe your retailers down there have not kept in touch. Awesome
      kites, work brilliantly in 4 line mode, and in 2 line perform better than
      the classic range too IMO.
      The aspect ratio printed on the bag says they are 3.3?
      To 4 line these kites you just remove the bridle, roll up the tips and
      secure with the velcro, attach a 4 line bar/setup and away you go, details
      on how to do this are on many websites.
      Wipika are planning a more focused marketing campaign this year, they have
      some new brochures, products due out this year, you will be hearing of
      Wipika for many years to come I think, cya and
      Goodwinds
      Steve McCormack
      www.kitepoweraustralia.com
      kitepower@...
    • Stan Schiller
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2000
        Stephen McCormack wrote:

        > Hi Dave
        >
        > Re -launching takes only slightly longer sometimes, but you probably won't
        > crash as much because the kites are more manoeuvrable, otherwise they
        > relaunch the same as "Classics".
        > They perform virtually the same as Naish AR3.5, but it is not fair to
        > compare them to Naish AR5's.
        Stephen are you saying that in a 2 line configuration the new wipika are
        the same as the AR 3.5 Naish???
        Thanks Stan
        > As far as upwind ability goes, the kite has a little to do with this but it
        > is more the ability of the rider. I have seen Wipika/Naish riders go upwind
        > as good as or better than any others. It will take most beginners a few
        > months of practice to work out how to go upwind, the main component is being
        > quite powered up, and understanding that the invisible wind window moves
        > with you and rotates as you head upwind, this is why a lot of beginners can
        > get up and planing but then fly the kite out of the window and it crashes.
        > Hope this helps cya and
        > Goodwinds
        > Steve McCormack
        > www.kitepoweraustralia.com
        > kitepower@...
        >
        > > How is their upwind & relauanch performance in relation to:
        > > Standard Wipika
        > > Naish ar3.5
        > > Naish ar5
        >
        > The Kitesurf Group is sponsored by F-ONE Equipment
        >
        > Conceived and designed by Kitesurfers . . . To ride and fly longer and higher
        >
        > Visit http://www.kitesurf.com
      • ยจ