[ksurf] Re: Wipika FreeAir

  • parent
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2000
      -----Message d'origine-----
      De : Greg Walsh <gregwal@...>
      À : kitesurf@... <kitesurf@...>
      Date : jeudi 30 mars 2000 09:19
      Objet : [ksurf] Wipika FreeAir

      >The new Wipika FreeAir have arrived at our local windsurf/kitesurf
      >dealer. AR 3.2 and all setup for 2-line use. Anybody got anything
      >knowledgeable to say about these toys?

      All I can tell about the FreeAir range is that they are rumored to turn way
      faster than the first commercial version of the wipika (named now as "Wipika
      Classic"). There is a test review in the latest french kitesurf magazine.
      Can't tell you more since I didn't personnaly use the AR 3.2 version.

      >Has Wipika become uncool to talk about or are they all too busy
      >kitesurfing to sit and type their lives away?

      Maybe they are to busy counting the US$ notes they receive from Naish
      company ;-)

      SeeYa,
      Pierre
    • Stephen McCormack
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2000
        Hi Greg

        We've been selling and using Wipika Free Airs for a few months up here in
        Sydney, maybe your retailers down there have not kept in touch. Awesome
        kites, work brilliantly in 4 line mode, and in 2 line perform better than
        the classic range too IMO.
        The aspect ratio printed on the bag says they are 3.3?
        To 4 line these kites you just remove the bridle, roll up the tips and
        secure with the velcro, attach a 4 line bar/setup and away you go, details
        on how to do this are on many websites.
        Wipika are planning a more focused marketing campaign this year, they have
        some new brochures, products due out this year, you will be hearing of
        Wipika for many years to come I think, cya and
        Goodwinds
        Steve McCormack
        www.kitepoweraustralia.com
        kitepower@...
      • Stan Schiller
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3, 2000
          Stephen McCormack wrote:

          > Hi Dave
          >
          > Re -launching takes only slightly longer sometimes, but you probably won't
          > crash as much because the kites are more manoeuvrable, otherwise they
          > relaunch the same as "Classics".
          > They perform virtually the same as Naish AR3.5, but it is not fair to
          > compare them to Naish AR5's.
          Stephen are you saying that in a 2 line configuration the new wipika are
          the same as the AR 3.5 Naish???
          Thanks Stan
          > As far as upwind ability goes, the kite has a little to do with this but it
          > is more the ability of the rider. I have seen Wipika/Naish riders go upwind
          > as good as or better than any others. It will take most beginners a few
          > months of practice to work out how to go upwind, the main component is being
          > quite powered up, and understanding that the invisible wind window moves
          > with you and rotates as you head upwind, this is why a lot of beginners can
          > get up and planing but then fly the kite out of the window and it crashes.
          > Hope this helps cya and
          > Goodwinds
          > Steve McCormack
          > www.kitepoweraustralia.com
          > kitepower@...
          >
          > > How is their upwind & relauanch performance in relation to:
          > > Standard Wipika
          > > Naish ar3.5
          > > Naish ar5
          >
          > The Kitesurf Group is sponsored by F-ONE Equipment
          >
          > Conceived and designed by Kitesurfers . . . To ride and fly longer and higher
          >
          > Visit http://www.kitesurf.com
        • ¨