[ksurf] Re: Help me please!!!

  • Raphaël
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 1999
      De : Raphaël Salles
      A : Martin Rothwell

      Martin , its difficult to explain you the upwind by mail but I'm sure that
      its nearly impossible to go upwind with a 15 m lines ??
      Are you always sailing with so short lines ?
      For my kites I use 40 m from my 9 m² to my 2 m² some time 30 m .
      With the Wipika 8.5 m² you have to use 40 m in light wind and 30 m in
      stronger wind : 14 to 18 knots . Its really hard to use 8.5 m² over 16 - 18
      knots . Its also difficult to go upwind in the lower and higher part of the
      range with the Wipika , the best is to use it in the middle :10 to 14 knots
      .
      If you are overpower you have to place the kite really close to the water so
      it doesn't pull you rail out of the water .
      If you take too much speed , you will be pull down wind by the kite , try to
      control your board speed by pushing more on the rail .
      Of course a soft kite will give you a much better up wind and wind range .
      With my 6.5 m² I can sail upwind from 7 to 23 knots .
      Best footstrap positions on F.ONE 215 are : front in the second position
      counting from the back and back footstrap on the really back.

      JIBE :
      Same problem with 15 m lines its really difficult to jibe .
      Use 40 m .
      1 Place the kite half way , between the water and the top .
      2 Take you back foot out from back footstrap .
      3 Pull on your back hand to make the kite turning back .
      4 Push on back foot to start turning the board .
      5 Half way of jibing the board kite should be on other tack .
      6 You are finishing the jibe with the board , push one last time on back leg
      and turn you feet around . Kite is already pulling you out of the jibe on
      the right tack .

      See you on the water
      Raphaël Salles
      F-ONE@...