[ksurf] Re: tests of equipment

  • srosso@bunge.com.br
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 1999
      Can you use a F-One 215 with these big kites or is it too small to
      get planning?
      cya
      Robin

      Sure - It wont be ideal of course- compared to a slighlty wider board - you
      will need slightly more wind - but you can easily do it... with kites the
      advantage is that if you have generate power so that you can get going on
      any small board...

    • RaphaĆ«l
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 1999
        All depend on your weight. Using a F-One 215 (All Around) with a 9 or above
        foil kite is feasible if you are a lightweight person however, this type of
        kites are usually used in light wind condition and if you want to be
        comfortable and use our new 1999 F-One All Around 230 board.

        For more information go to www.kitesurf.com or more specifically to
        http://www.kitesurf.com/F-One/TheBoards/theboards.htm

        Raphael

      • Francesco Moretti
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 6, 1999
          Stefano, for the fcs fins is a good idea to glass them into a carbon
          tube ( from a broken windsurf boom )that reach the deck trough the
          bottom of board. Next step will be to use fiberglass fins, but Flash is
          using regular plastic and they don`t brake that often.
          Aloha
          Francesco

          URL http://www.maui.net/~th123097/

        • srosso@bunge.com.br
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 6, 1999
            Stefano, for the fcs fins is a good idea to glass them into a carbon
            tube ( from a broken windsurf boom )that reach the deck trough the
            bottom of board. Next step will be to use fiberglass fins, but Flash is
            using regular plastic and they don`t brake that often.

            thats a good tip ! my shaper suggested that we use some honeycomb in a
            similar manner

            as i mentioned that with the 5 fins the board rode quite flat and well
            upwind - my next step will be to ride compeltely flat and to ride upwind
            only on the fin

            How are your tests with the cquad going Francesco ?