[ksurf] Re: Deadman Release for KiteSki Control Bar

  • Eric Steinbroner
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 1998
      Ian:

      This looks like a great idea.... I'm wondering if your "leash" could be
      attached to the end of the control bar either where the line enters the bar
      or even through a separate hole drilled out? My guess is that it would do
      the same thing?? What do you think?

      Eric

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 1999
        >This looks like a great idea.... I'm wondering if your "leash" could
        be
        >attached to the end of the control bar either where the line enters
        the bar
        >or even through a separate hole drilled out? My guess is that it
        would do
        >the same thing?? What do you think?

        I tried this first some time ago but with the larger kites it does not
        allow the un-tethered wing of the kite to fully swing down wind and
        usually results in a rapidly spinning kite - definitely out of
        control.