[ksurf] Re: SV: hoocked in danger

  • Gunnar Westholm
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2000
      Rainer wrote:

      >So you can steer by pushing one or the other foot forward, right?
      >Seriously, you can't get out of your bindings fast and easy? Also I have a
      >really hard time imagining how the backstrap would get to your ankles even
      >in the wildest crash.

      >And do you think this makes the backstrap more dangerous than a harness
      >loop? After all we've heared stories of freaky things that can happen with
      >those as well (under water tows...).

      Well even if it unlikely that it will happen u must admit that it must be one of the worst (tea bagging) scenarios:

      The kite power looping and twisting the lines and tighting the strap around your ankles,
      so even if u have your feet in foot straps instead of in tight wakeboard bindings it might be pretty hard to get out of the board before u impact the rocks or a super tanker in the middle of the ocean (the day it's was of shore wind)

      BUT after all a, quick realize with a rope to your arm or upper body will solve this

      Ops. maybe i will get some sleep to night after all, and go Powdersnow surfing a bit safer to morrow :o)

      Sweet and wet (or frozen) dreams to u all :-O Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

      Gunnar