9745[ksurf] Re: 3-line Quadrifoil KS + 3 lines with reel bar

  • Todd Snyder
    Feb 2, 2000
      I use the f.one board 215 with xxxl ks model and need at least a steady 10 to get going and I weigh 215lb.It starts to get fun in 15 +.There's no way it would pull me in 5 or 6knots in the water you think that 15lb. makes a differents?

      Later ,
      Todd

      Dave Raue wrote:

      FWIW, I use non-KS models of the same kites and I love 'em.  I've found
      the XXXL to be remarkably luff resistant and very responsive for it's
      size.  But obviously it's not a Flexi stacker!  In fact I can't ever
      remember water-crashing it except for one time that I was in a tidal
      creek where the current was about headed downwind at 4 kts and wind
      only 6 or so, and lines kept going slack! For me XXXL is useable over
      5-6 kts and starts getting too wild over 12 or so.  I'm 200# on 7'2"
      Fox board.  but I'm a pussy, probably Todd is more courageous  :-))

      Dave

       "rony jabbour" <peacesur-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=9591
      > todd snyder <boomji-@...> wrote:
      > original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=9552
      > > I kitesurf with the quad ks models xl & xxxl
      >

      > How do you like the xxxl? Does it tend to luff a lot? Is it relatively
      > fast for it's size? What wind range do you really have a good time in?
      > etc....
      >
      > I'm looking for a 9+ foil for next summer but I really hate big kites
      > with a passion...Hopefully I'll find one that'll change my opinion of
      > them!
      >
      > Thanks for your answers,
      > Rony

      Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! Rates as low as 2.9%
      Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points,
      no hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and get the
      credit youdeserve! Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at:
      http://click.egroups.com/1/929/2/_/19/_/949411605/

      -- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=kitesurf&m=1

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic