9620[ksurf] Re: Surf kite buying decision

  • Eric Savener
    Feb 1, 2000
      Hey Kinsley,

      Thanks for the response. I spent a lot of time on your website looking
      up paragliding/paramotor equip. a few months ago (I bought a Fly
      Products, but you weren't a dealer then). Now I've been looking at
      kitesurfing stuff there too. I watched kitesurf jumping and speed runs
      on some sports channel today and it got me all fired up.

      I had so many people poo-poo the C-Quad idea that I've changed my mind.
      I think I'll hold off for a month or 2 until I can afford a
      Wipika/Naish inflatable, or a Mosquito Pro KS. Those are the ones I
      REALLY want. As soon as I decide I'll buy something from you. How
      about running a "Spring Clearance Sale" sometime soon?

      Eric

      "xtreme big air" <kinsle-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=9615
      > Eric,
      > Go Big and Live Extreme! Got to have the right equipment in this
      sport!
      > You might want to check www.XtremeBigAir.com/KiteSurfing
      > for gear review and used Kites.
      > On the other hand, talk to me :-) We will get you a kite so you can GO
      > BIG.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Kinsley
      > http://XtremeBigAir.com
      >
      > "eric savener" <eric_savene-@...> wrote:
      > original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=9561
      > > Let's just say that I'm damn glad I asked.
      > >
      > > It looks like we're delaying our kite purchase for now. The prices
      of
      > > the ones we REALLY want are $1,000 to $1,100 and the one we could
      live
      > > with (C-Quad) is about $450. It looks like a cool sport, but I'm
      not
      > > sure it's $1,100 worth of cool and we can't decide whether or not to
      > > buy the cheaper one, so we're going to think about it for a while.
      > The
      > > water is probably too damn cold right now anyway (in Texas). I HATE
      > > cold water.
      > >
      > > I have the same problem with used kites that I had with paragliders
      -
      > > don't want to buy one sight unseen and there just are not any around
      > > here to go look at. I still may buy a C-Quad and I still may buy a
      > > used something else that is absolutely water relaunchable.
      > >
      > > I really appreciate all of the input. One of my continuing sources
      of
      > > info. will be to go back through the previous few weeks msgs. to
      learn
      > > more.
      > >
      > > Eric
      > >
      > > "erik fryman" <efryma-@...> wrote:
      > > original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=9549
      > > > I too was in the same boat as Eric, I wanted a kite for
      Kitesurfing
      > > but
      > > > didn't really want to spend the money for a "real" water
      > > re-launchable kite.
      > > > I got the C-quad because I read on the Peter Lynn site that it was
      > > > re-launchable and it was cheap. Well after having flown the C-quad
      > on
      > > land
      > > > for awhile I took it out on the water for some body dragging. And
      > > can
      > > > testify that this kite is by no means re-launchable. Every time I
      > > dumped it
      > > > in the water it was impossible for me to get it back up again.
      Even
      > > when I
      > > > was standing in ankle deep water. At least I learned to fly a
      4-line
      > > kite
      > > > fairly well with it. Finally broke down and got a CA, even though
      > > haven't
      > > > had much luck with it. Got another tear on the bottom skin the
      other
      > > day
      > > > while out body dragging. Think I will send it back to Michel and
      > have
      > > him
      > > > take a look at it.
      > > > Winds are supposed to be 15 mph and cross-shore tomorrow, so I
      think
      > > I'll
      > > > venture out with my C-quad. Just have to try and keep it in the
      air.
      > > Heading
      > > > down to Key West on Friday, so hopefully I'll have my problems
      with
      > > the CA
      > > > worked out by then.
      > > >
      > > > Erik