8638[ksurf] Re: Speed of XXXL Setting up lines

  • Ted
    Jan 5, 2000
      I would agree with Todd on the XXXL wind range 8 to 14 or 15 knots. I
      weigh ~ 170lbs and ride a 4'10" to 5'8" wakeboard.

      I find the XXXL to be quick responding though. I use a ~24" bar with
      the handles attached at the end of the bar(four line mode) The kite
      will pivot on it's axis when using the bar and handles in combination
      and using the bar only the kite will turn rapidly also, although it
      will not pivot on its axis. I have never noticed the kite to be slow
      through the air on in the turns. I usually fly the XXXL with 100 ft of
      line.

      I consider quick response to be when I think of turning the kite and
      make the motions, the kite turns without having to plan ahead.
      example.. an 8.5 wipika requirs a couple of seconds of 'plan ahead
      time'. The XXXL I fly like any of my other foils, turn when I think of
      it.

      regards -Ted
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=8617