8635[ksurf] Re: Setting up lines

  • Dave Raue
    Jan 5, 2000
      Subject: [ksurf] Re: Setting up lines

      The triple is really slow to respond on the bar .

      snip

      Todd, you're talking about your 3-line set up with the XXXL?  Not surprising that it's slow with the bar  without using brakes to turn.  Did you ever try the reverse set-up with the XXXL, namely powerlines joined at center of bar with brakes on ends so you can turn using brakes?  I guess you'd lose some power (??) whihc is exactly what you don't want, but if you've tried it can you let us know what happened?

      I'm going to fool around with all these bar configurations and there's no reason to reinvnet the wheel.  But it seems like maybe what works well on a small kite might be less effective with a big kite and vice versa.  There has been a lot of discussion on bar types, set-up, etc but I can't remember anybody commenting on the size/configuration relationship.  By the way, I've been playing with 5m, 2-line Peel on a bar.  Lots of fun, but I think it would suck for kitesurfing.  Obviously way harder to recover from anything than a 4-liner, surges in gusts, etc.  Fun on the beach, maybe for OK the hair-shirt buggying fanatics.

       Thanks, Dave
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic