8557[ksurf] Re: Quadrifoil kite impression needed

  • Ted
    Jan 2, 2000
      I have not done so myself but I have seen people tie the brake lines to
      the main lines at the kite. The brakes should be loose (not pulling on
      the trailing edge.) The kites seem to work just fine in the 2 line
      mode.

      I fly with a four line bar, so often times I just use the bar to steer
      the kite (2 line mode) They fly just fine. They don't turn as fast
      and you have a little more power when not applying the brakes.

      The disadvantage in flying 2 lines only, in my opinion, is take off,
      landings and re-launching the kite from the water. Take off and
      landings are very scary if not done from the edge of the window.
      Re-launching the kite after a crash, the kite in my experience, always
      crashes leading edge first. You need the brake lines to back it up.

      Regards -Ted

      gluca-@... wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=8555

      > Can the XL and the 4.9 blade be flown with two lines?

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic